The Countdown Begins!! I thought given we have 28 Days to Launch that it is only fitting I should give you more detail on the new store. First things first – let me introduce you to Socktopus! Socktopus will burst into the world, loud and proud, on the 15 September (so long as I continue to appease the Imps of Technology and the website passes all its tests). Socktopus will showcase cottage artisans, and specialise in artisan yarns and top end knitting tools.
I’m really excited about our stock list – some of it will be familiar to you, but most you won’t have seen before in the UK, and some you won’t have seen before at all. It’s all about the stash – ultra covetable beautiful items that will make you giggle and smile, and LOVE LOVE LOVE using. Socktopus actively seeks out those creative gems amongst us – otherwise ordinary people, SAHMs (stay at home moms), students, farmers – whose love of colour and beauty inspires them to create extraordinary things. As Launch Day nears, I’ll post taster profiles of my suppliers and their lurvely products to whet your appetites… so stay tuned.
I also promised more details about a PARTY! So here they are:
We will be throwing a “Socktopus: To Infinity and Beyond!” Launch Party on Friday 14th September in Notting Hill, London from 7pm. You will be able to indulge in a bit of retail therapy at the Launch, as we will have some of our fab stock on offer at special Launch prices, and if you are lucky, you might win one of the 8 Socktopus: To Infinity and Beyond! door prizes!
I hear you asking – “Prizes? How do you win a prize?” Oooh my dears, there are more than just the door prizes to be won… so read on and follow these 3 easy steps:
One: All you need to do is copy the questionnaire below into an email, complete it and send it back to me at socktopusATmacDOTcom (replace AT with @ and DOT with . ). I have just one fabulous Socktopus Launch Prize up for grabs. I haven’t decided what yet – a skein of not yet seen in the UK yarn? Gorgeous exclusive stitch markers? DPNs not available here? ahh the choices… I’ll let you know in due course. Your name will then be put into the Socktopus Launch Prize draw and the winner announced on the 14 September at the Launch Party. If you win, but couldn’t make it (or don’t live remotely near London), we’ll toast you and I’ll post you your prize.
TWO: If you indicated in your questionnaire that you want to come to the Launch Party, I will put your name down on the invite list and send you an invitation in return at the end of August. Please note that the invites are limited as there are only so many people that can fit into the venue. Best bet is to get your questionnaire in early if you want to be assured of an invite.
THREE: We have 8 To Infinity and Beyond! door prizes to be won by attendees at the Launch Party. All you need to do is RSVP with me once you receive your invite and join us at the Party and your name will be put into the draw.
1. What are your favorite yarns to knit with?
2. What brand of needles do you use the most?
3. What size needles do you use the most?
4. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
5. What inspires you?
6. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
7. Whose patterns do you use for knitting? Your own, from the internet, from designers?
8. What magazines, online forums, online mags do you read? Which one is your favourite?
9. What knitting/fibre/crocheting magazine do you subscribe to?
10. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
11. Do you own a yarn digital scale? If not, why not?
12. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? List them all!
13. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
14. Would you like to attend the Socktopus: To Infinity and Beyond! Launch Party? If so, what is your email address?
15. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
16. Would you like to receive an email newsletter from Socktopus and occasional updates on new items and events? If so, what email address would you like it sent to?
17. Do you have a blog? If so what is the url?
18. What swaps, sock clubs do you participate/belong to? Any in particular you covet or would highly recommend?
19. Any knitting/crochet/spinning related clubs you would like to see but haven’t?
20. Anything you’d love to see in an online store but haven’t? (Services, products, etc)
Good luck! 🙂