A couple years ago (my goodness, has it been that long??) I held a Socktopus Mystery Shawl KAL over Twitter. The resulting shawl was the Aurantium Blossom shawl. It was really so much fun I’m going to do it again!
It was absolutely the bees knees to see the shawl being knit up by so many, and being worn all over the 2009 Iknit Weekender. I love Kate’s version – such ray of sunshine!
So, prompted by Josie, I’m pleased to announce the second Socktopus Mystery Shawl KAL (SMSKAL) for “Spriteling”. Something to keep you busy while you wait for Knit Nation, and something to show off at Knit Nation come July.
Spriteling is a triangular shawl taking inspiration from the woods and various lace traditions, including Shetland and Scandinavia, which can be knit in either fingering or laceweight yarn. Spriteling has feminine curves and meanderings, with a few thorns here and there.
- On the 15th of March swatch directions and a material list will be released here on the blog so you can prepare.
- You’ll need to be an advanced intermediate knitter.
- The first clue will be released on the 1 April, then every two weeks after that through April & May.
- The clues are both charted and written.
- Each clue comes as a PDF download.
- You’ll receive a code by email to download each clue. You can then download the PDF from this site, or directly into your Ravelry library (we love Ravelry!)
How to Join
Sign ups open today, through to Friday 1 April. The cost to join the Spriteling SMSKAL is £6.50. You can pay with Paypal via Ravelry or with a credit/debit card by clicking on the image below:
Let the anticipation begin! 😀