As 2011 draws to a close and a shiny new year opens up before us I thought it would be a good time to have a look at my New Year’s resolutions for 2011 and see how I did:
- ::eek:: update my stash page on Ravelry which is now about 2 years out of date: I updated my stash page (after a serious culling before I moved to HK) so it is up to date.
- add projects I’ve knit to Ravelry along with photos: Along with updating my stash page, I also photo’d and listed all my WIPs and cleaned up all the WIPs that I no longer have or were frogged.
- cook more: since moving to Hong Kong I definitely bake more. That counts, right?
- read more blogs more regularly: This is my part of my morning ritual now, though come February next year I’m afraid my morning ritual is likely to change significantly!
- create (and use!) a gift knits schedule to avoid 3am crazed and blurry eyed last minute knitting: Um, I did avoid 3 am blurry eyed knitting for Xmas, and I did create a gift knit schedule… but it was completely crazed last minute knitting (only one, but it was a jumper that I finished a day late).
- be more diligent and less hedonistic about working on and finishing personal knitting projects. Have less than 5 knitting works in progress (WIPs) at the end of the year: Oops – I have 12. But I ::feel:: like I’ve been more diligent on finishing personal projects… does that count? AND all the WIPs I have are ones that I want to finish….
- give my post titles better names – makes the retrospective slightly easier! Some of the post titles were easier for me to identifiy, but not all since I totally forgot about this resolution. Oops!
- do my taxes on time Um, they were submitted, mostly on time…
- blog at least 4 times a week: Epic fail. April, May, June I didn’t even manage once a week – and July and August not at all! I sort of picked up again in the fall after moving here…
- no more missing people’s birthdays! Make a list and use the thing: Epic fail. I don’t even know where that list is.
- ski more Another epic fail – but for good reason! Can’t be skiing with this huge belly. Next season though I’m on the hills for sure! I just hope my Strolz boots still fit.
- make it to Monday knit nights more Bleh. Didn’t do so well on those….
- cycle more so I can go on cycle trips with hubby! Another bleh. Still, I feel like I have a pretty good excuse! LOL Blueberry my scapegoat….
My 2012 Resolutions:
Apart from the usual resolutions to try harder, be better, do more, these are my resolutions for the coming year:
- Blog at least 4 times a week.
- Finish my 12 current WIPs by the end of the year
- Make a Gift Knits Schedule BEFORE the 18th December. In fact, plan the schedule by the 1st September, buy yarn in September and start knitting by 1 October
- Keep Rav stash up-to-date.
- Keep Rav projects page up-to-date.
- Knit 3 pairs of socks for myself
- Stay me when Blueberry comes into the world. I’d hate for her to think I’m someone else.
- Remember birthdays and key dates. I’m going to have to print my own calender for this….